Services Export Promotion Council, set up by Ministry of Commerce and Industry has been
mandated to facilitate global business opportunities for India’s services sector. The Council since
its inception in 2006 has been instrumental in facilitating exports of services through Trade
Intelligence, Export Development, Export Promotion, Enabling Business Environment.
SEPC has following broad roles and responsibilities:
- To create business opportunities for the services exporters aspiring ones and the existing ones.
- To act as a platform between Government and Industry in order to provide policy inputs, take
up issues of industry, provide insight on global markets (existing and emerging) in terms of
opportunities, challenges and regulatory frameworks
- To facilitate exports by formulating business enablers like incentives and designing suitable
market oriented promotional events and activities.
- To enable members avail various grants and incentive schemes under Ministry of Commerce,
related line Ministries and State Governments.
Benefits and opportunities available for SEPC members:
- Access authentic Trade leads, market access opportunities in existing and emerging markets
- Create and build your company’s profile on www.servicesepc.org under MY SEPC.
- Get noticed by overseas importers through digital networking facilitated by SEPC.
- Get all necessary support from Indian Embassies/Missions for business opportunities in various
- Visa facilitation to undertake business visits.
- Actively participate in policy formulation towards enabling business environment.
- Participate in international exhibitions, Reverse Buyer-Sellers Meet and all other export
promotional activities at subsidised cost.
- Access incentives under Market Access Initiative (MAI) Scheme of Ministry of Commerce and
- Avail Partial coverage of cost of airfare (subject to guidelines under MAI scheme) while
undertaking participation in international exhibition under SEPC pavilion.
- Avail Export Incentives formulated under Foreign Trade Policy to be announced soon.
- Become eligible for schemes under Ministry of MSME.